Try to come back as a crab.

Advertisements

modernism-in-metroland:

On 30th June 1947, the Central Line extended to North Acton, Hanger Lane (left), Perivale (bottom) and Greenford (right). Three new station buildings, (Hanger Lane, Perivale and Greenford), were designed by architect Brian Lewis. The stations were designed in 1938, but building was delayed due to World War 2, with temporary buildings opening in June 1947. 

Lewis’ designs were modified by his successor Frederick Curtis to allow for post war shortages of materials and labour. The completion of the stations was again delayed due to lack of funds and bad weather conditions, with the three new stations finally complete by 1950. 

Images from the London Transport Museum